Well one of mine was to write a compilation post of our road trip around the UK that we did a couple of years back. Yep you read that right, 'years' and I still haven't got around to it. But seeing a post about a road trip on one of my favourite travel blogs 'Hand Luggage Only' finally gave me the push I needed to do it.
So these are links to all our 'diary style' posts we wrote after our summer road trip, all in one place so I can find them again when I wish to. As they were written 'on-the-go' rather than in any organised form afterwards, there is not one post per day but rather a bit of a mish-mash as we went along.
- The one with the background to our Epic road trip
- The one with lots of chocolate - Staying at the Chocolate Boutique in Bournemouth
- Heading to Cornwall and staying at Fowey Hall
- The one with the Red Arrows and more adventures at Fowey Hall
- A day of castles - visiting Restormel Castle and arriving at Tregenna castle in St Ives
- The one where I felt VERY sea-sick on our seal spotting trip
- The one where we drove across three counties in one day and arrived in Wales!
- A Doctor Who themed day - Visiting the Doctor Who experience in Cardiff and then arriving at West Usk Lighthouse in Newport
- The one with our surreal hot tub experience (on the roof of a lighthouse next to a lifesize TARDIS!!!) and arriving in Portmeirion.
- The one with trampolines in underground caves and arriving in Liverpool to stay on the Joker Boat (yes the actual Joker boat from Batman!)
- The one where we went Sightseeing in Liverpool
- The one where we arrive at Quebecs and Explore Leeds
- The one where we unexpectedly sang along to Frozen and visting the armouries in Leeds
- The one where we met the Pirates for a Perfect Piratey day and stayed at Thornbury castle
- Our final day of our road trip which was out of this world! - where we met Tim Peake's colleagues from the Space Agency and had an amazing dinner at Heston's Hind's Head in Bray
Thinking back to it, it was tough travelling on the road for so many hours with 3 kids, but the memories we made were SO worth it. There are definitely places I would love to visit again and there are other places truly worthy of a visit which we didn't get around to visiting on this road trip.
For example, we love Bath and Brighton but we are familiar with both of those places having lived there so they didn't get included in this road trip.
I've always wanted to visit Scotland but that was just too far to include. I've seen photos of Fingal's caves and REALLY want to go there.
London is always great to visit but we live pretty close to London so will have plenty of other opportunity's to go there. Some of our top things to do in London are detailed in this blog post. London RIB voyages is a must as seeing London by speedboat is just awesome and we've since visited Madame Tussauds and was really impressed by how good it is these days.
There are so many beautiful and amazing places right on our doorstep in the UK and we'd definitely love to have another road trip like this again!